Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Hyperlinking on Network drives

I am currently placing hyperlinks in my worksheet - I am setting the link to eg

P:\Sharename\Folder1\Folder2\fileIwishtoOpen

However when I go back and try to use the llink it decides to put in my full
server name and remove my drive letter.

Is there a way that, when I enter the path it keeps the drive letter

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi mmc308

I dont understand it fully, but I've always found that the hyperlink
updates to wherever it resides at the time. If you copy the file to
a flash drive and take it home and paste it on your C drive then
then that is the path it will show. You can edit the file at home and
take it back to work and paste it onto someone elses computer
and the hyperlink path will update to show their server name.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for your advice on this

I have found some info on this forum in respects to the
=Hyperlink("P:\Name","Friendly Name") from D Peterson

Many Thanks