Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default seperate a full name into first, middle, last, & suffix column

Names that I want to seperate would be:

John A Doe Sr.
Sandy Park Jr.
Dan A Kim
Delma J. Smith Jr.
Bon Le mont Gu (middle name: Le mont, last name: Gu)
Oscar De la Renta (last name: de la renta)

If you can also write a macro for this, please feel free to write one.

Action that I would take : select the column that contains full names

What I want the macro to do: add 4 columns to the right (First name,
middle, last, & suffix column) with missing values left blank.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See

http://cpearson.com/excel/FirstLast.htm

For some ideas. The primary problem is to define which part of a name a
particular segment belongs to.

Given your data, you'll have to explicitly specify at least certain
names. There's no way XL (or a human being) can inherently tell that
the names should be parsed as

Bon | Le mont | Gu
Oscar | | De la Renta

without making a specific exception for each name.