Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default seperate first 2 lines of column in seperate columns in same row

I have ouput files from SAP that are in this format. I bought office 2003Pro
so I could manipulate this data but am lacking in skills, can any one help me.
the file has up to 500 lines and to lengthy to manually manipulate. here is
one excerpt from the file in original format, below the example is whar I
need to get in order to read this file into a cad processor

column column column
column
1 2 3
4
1 30 S00795-0001 61
RES 1/16W 1% 10K OHM 0603 PKG
R100,R101,R102,R103,R104,R105,R106,R107
,R108,R109,R110,R111,R112,R113,R114,R115
,R116,R117,R118,R119,R120,R121,R122,R123
,R124,R125,
R126,R127,R128,R129,R130,R172,R173,R174
,R175,R176,R177,R178,R179,R200,R201,R202
,R203,R22,R223,R224,R37,R38,R46,R63,R64
,R67,R68,
R69,R70,R71,R72,R73,R74,R75,R76,R77,R95
,R96,R97,R98,R99,R34,R36

I need the first 2 lines of column 3 broke out in seperate columns aligning
in the same row as the other data so it looks like this
I had a hard time getting it to fit. I trunacated the data to try and convey
waht I am trying to get. Column 5 should be much larger as shown in example
above.
I'm no code expert, but I have little VB experience and oracle, but I just
can't seem to get this figured out, so for you experts out there that have
some time to look at this I will be very grateful. I've never written into a
formn before, I've always wasted hours upon hours trying to do it on my own

column column column column column
column
1 2 3 4
5 6
1 30 S00795 RES 16w R100,R101, 61
, R108,R109,
,R116,R117,
, R126,R127,
R126,R127,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sometimes the way things get formatted really gets in the way of
understanding - and it's done that to me this time. I thought at first you
wanted all of the Rnnn, items broken out into individual cells, but after
looking at it don't think you do - I presume they all go into a single cell
in column E (5)?

Trying to figure out what happened to the"-0001" after S00795, along with
the "1% 10K OHM603 PKG" portion of the source entry. Just gets tossed out?

Any chance of you sending the original source file for this that you are
trying to import into Excel along with a sample .xls file with just a couple
of rows from the source file set up in it like you need? Should actually be
some simple coding to read and manipulate the source file. attach to email
to HelpFrom @ jlathamsite.com (no spaces) and I'll look at it.

Some questions others may want to know are things like if the "S00795-0001"
portion is always the same length, same for "RES 1/16W 1% 10K OHM 0603 PKG"
entry - and I'm betting the answer to one or both of those is a big fat NO.
Since there are 1/2W, full watt, other-wattage and 1%, 5%, 10%, 20% resistors
in anything from 1 to a zillion M Ohms and who know what else is referred to
in the file.

"Glynnhamer" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assignment completed. We have a routine that may be able to be used or
adapted by others in dealing with similar files out of SAP. The code also
documents the logic of dealing with the file layout itself, thus explaining
the 'why' of the code along with showing the how of it. Glynnhamer was kind
enough to give permission for me to put it up on my site and provide a link
to it:
http://www.jlathamsite.com/uploads/R...izeSAPFile.xls