Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default countif programming function

Would someone please show me how to write an equation to count the number of
entries that meet more than 1 condition. I need to count the number of any
COLOR of "green" with an "Approved" STATUS (answer: 3)? Thanks a bunch,
A B
1 COLOR STATUS
2 Yellowgreen Pending
3 Green Approved
4 Green Pending
5 Bluegreen Approved
6 Red Approved
7 Yellow Approved
8 Green Approved
9 Bluegreen Pending

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put in a helper column with concantenate which will look like this
GreenApproved
with code like this
=B3&C3
then have your criteria in two seperate columns
=COUNTIF(D3:D9,D2&E2)
green in D2 and Approved in E2

I come back with 2 so are you wanting to get all approved that contain green
anywhere in the name?

--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"RegRat" wrote:

Would someone please show me how to write an equation to count the number of
entries that meet more than 1 condition. I need to count the number of any
COLOR of "green" with an "Approved" STATUS (answer: 3)? Thanks a bunch,
A B
1 COLOR STATUS
2 Yellowgreen Pending
3 Green Approved
4 Green Pending
5 Bluegreen Approved
6 Red Approved
7 Yellow Approved
8 Green Approved
9 Bluegreen Pending

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB JMB is offline

I think you could eliminate the NOT function call:
=SUMPRODUCT(--ISNUMBER(SEARCH("green",A1:A8)),--(B1:B8="approved"))