Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help needed would this be an IF statement

How do I write this formula I have been given the first part but cant
work out the rest myself

=IF(A1<"",8.26,"")

If A1 is blank make b1 blank if A1 is not blank put 8.26 in B1 also if
A1 is not blank but J1 is blank enter blank in B1

thanks Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 11, 2:14 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Try this:

=IF(A1="","",IF(AND(A1<"",J1=""),"",8.26))

Biff

"pano" wrote in message

oups.com...

How do I write this formula I have been given the first part but cant
work out the rest myself

=IF(A1<"",8.26,"")

If A1 is blank make b1 blank if A1 is not blank put 8.26 in B1 also if
A1 is not blank but J1 is blank enter blank in B1

thanks Stephen- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Biff works perfectly....

Steveo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff

"pano" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Feb 11, 2:14 pm, "T. Valko" wrote:
Try this:

=IF(A1="","",IF(AND(A1<"",J1=""),"",8.26))

Biff

"pano" wrote in message

oups.com...

How do I write this formula I have been given the first part but cant
work out the rest myself

=IF(A1<"",8.26,"")

If A1 is blank make b1 blank if A1 is not blank put 8.26 in B1 also if
A1 is not blank but J1 is blank enter blank in B1

thanks Stephen- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Biff works perfectly....

Steveo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think you need the A1<"" in the =and() portion. You already know that
A1<"" because of the first test.

Maybe just:

=IF(A1="","",IF(J1="","",8.26))

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(A1="","",IF(AND(A1<"",J1=""),"",8.26))

Biff

oups.com...

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yeah, you're right!

Biff

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I don't think you need the A1<"" in the =and() portion. You already know
that
A1<"" because of the first test.

Maybe just:

=IF(A1="","",IF(J1="","",8.26))

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(A1="","",IF(AND(A1<"",J1=""),"",8.26))

Biff

oups.com...