Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if statement" desperate insight is needed!!!!!! IF,Count, DCOUNT AHHHGGGGGGG!

if statement" desperate insight is needed!!!!!! IF,Count, DCOUNT
AHHHGGGGGGG!

Good Evening,

I am having difficulty writing an If statement on my spreadsheet. What
I did was I have 2 spreadsheets that the first one has a master lister
of data. It is sorted by the following:
Sheet #1 has the following
Date, File Number, "Orgin", Name, Number of QTY

What I am trying to do is to create I think If statements and counts to
pull this data from date ranges and list is out on a second excel
spreadsheet. Idealy this is what I want to accomplish.

Sheet #2

Week Ending
October 8th
Orgin and date are the key becasue I want it sorted by this.

A count of the files in the date range (Say Oct 1st - Oct 8th) filter
out duplicates) then the same for say Oct 9th-Oct 16th, Oct 17th-23rd
and so on. 2 packets of results for each orgin A & B.

Same for a count of the names in that period of time. Now I don't need
to eliminate duplicates for the names becuase some files have multiple
names

An add of the number of qty.

So I am trying to get my output to look like this.

Week ending
October 8th
Orgin:A (its either going to be orgin A or B
Number of files: 10 count without duplicates)
Number of names: 15 (count with duplicates)
Number of QTY 123 (sum)

October 8th

Orgin B
Number of files: 12
number of names 20
number of QTY 150

October 15 (same format as the 8th and so on)

Orgin A:

If anyone knows how I can even get started on this, I would be very
greatful. I have read alot on the IF statement, Count, DCOUNT and I am
getting lost!!!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chris wrote:
[...]

I think you could use the SUMPRODUCT function, but I'm not sure because here
is too late...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy