Yupkwondo

Default much needed If/or statement help

Hello,

I am not an experienced excel user however I need to find a way for
excel to do a function for me and I have had no luck with if/then/or
statements. My question is this.

I need a function that will if I pick a selection off a drop down list
present me with a value associated with it. For example. I have
different machine sizes 110,245,385,500,720 and 950 they are in a drop
down list. I need to associate electric rates to each of them. 110 =
4.00 245=4.50 385=5.00 500=5.50 720=6.00 and 950 = 6.50. So when I pick
the machine size off of my drop down list in say cell c3 I need the
electric rate to display in cell d14. Could anyone please help me. I
have a feeling this may be a Visual Basic type formula, but I am even
less experienced at that. thank you.

~ Jason Gross

--
Yupkwondo
Yupkwondo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26391

Cutter

Somewhere on your sheet you need to make a table with the machine
numbers in one column and the electric rates in the next column to the
right.

Eg. In E5 type your first machine number and in the cells below it
type your other machine numbers.
Now in F5 type the electric rate for that first machine number and in
the cells below type the rate for the machine in the cell of that row
in Col E.

Now in the cell where you want the electric rate to appear dependant
upon the dropdown value type this formula:

=VLOOKUP(B5,$E$5:$F$10,2,FALSE)
This assumes that your dropdown value is in B5 so change it to suit.

--
Cutter
Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=9848

ShaunM

Hi Jason

1. In Cell C3 create a drop list from Data Validation with your
machine values 110, 245 etc.

2. In Cell D14 use:
=IF(C3=110,4,IF(C3=245,4.5,IF(C3=385,5,IF(C3=500,5 .5,IF(C3=720,6,IF(C3=950,6.5,0))))))

Cheers
Shaun

--
ShaunM
ShaunM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18610

Biff

Hi!

Several ways to do this. Here's one:

=LOOKUP(C3,{0,"";110,4;245,4.5;385,5;500,5.5;720,6 ;950,6.5})

Biff

"Yupkwondo" wrote
in message ...

[...]

Yupkwondo

thank you much everybody...all the help is appreciated