Barb R.

Default Pivot Table Assistance Needed

I have data in the following format

Project # FY02 FY03 FY04 FY05
1 $100 $200 $300 $400
2 $100 $200 $300 $400
2 $200 $200 $300 $400

I want to have resulting data in the following form
Project # FY02 FY03 FY04 FY05
1 $100 $200 $300 $400
2 $300 $400 $600 $800

where I only have one observation per project number and the data for each
FY is the sum of all entries for that project. Can this be done with Pivot
Tables or is another way better. If I'm reading this right, in order to do
this with a pivot table, I need to "stack" the FY data and then split it back
out. Any other way?

Barb R.

Even if I sort it by project (which I don't want to do), I don't have the
data in the format I want. I want the subtotals to be listed separately so
that I can use them for a graphic later. Any other suggestions?

"CarlosAntenna" wrote:

Sort by project#
DataSubtotals

-- Carlos

"Barb R." wrote in message
I have data in the following format

Project # FY02 FY03 FY04 FY05
1 $100 $200 $300 $400
2 $100 $200 $300 $400
2 $200 $200 $300 $400

I want to have resulting data in the following form
Project # FY02 FY03 FY04 FY05
1 $100 $200 $300 $400
2 $300 $400 $600 $800

where I only have one observation per project number and the data for each
FY is the sum of all entries for that project. Can this be done with

Pivot
Tables or is another way better. If I'm reading this right, in order to

do
this with a pivot table, I need to "stack" the FY data and then split it

back
out. Any other way?

Ron Coderre

Set up the basic Pivot Table with:
Row: Project
Data: FY02,FY03,FY04,FY05
Change the formulas from count to Sum
Create the Pivot Table

THEN...Click and HOLD on the Data column heading and DRAG it over the Total
column heading. RELEASE

The fiscal years should now run across the top of the table and the projects
should be consolidated down the left.

Does that help?
Ron

Barb R.

I did everything up to the "Click and Hold" part before. That did the trick!
Thanks a bunch!