Deb

Default Pivot table assistance

I have a pivot table that I update each month with monthly client information
and when I hit refresh the chart, the information that is in the datasheet
for March is not updated on the pivot report.

Also is there a way of updating pivot charts each month without having to go
in and reset the datasheet boundaries which apparently is not working
correctly for me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
JulieD

Hi

base the pivot table on a dynamic range name rather than by using cell
references ... check out www.contextures.com/tiptech.html on how to create a
dynamic range name and lots of other great stuff on pivot tables.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Deb" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that I update each month with monthly client
information
and when I hit refresh the chart, the information that is in the datasheet
for March is not updated on the pivot report.

Also is there a way of updating pivot charts each month without having to
go
in and reset the datasheet boundaries which apparently is not working
correctly for me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Deb

Julie,

Thanks for the information, I've created the named range, per the
instructions given in the contextures site, but still not allowing the
information for March 2005 to appear in the pivot report. Any other
suggestions?

"Deb" wrote in message
I have a pivot table that I update each month with monthly client
information
and when I hit refresh the chart, the information that is in the datasheet
for March is not updated on the pivot report.

Also is there a way of updating pivot charts each month without having to
go
in and reset the datasheet boundaries which apparently is not working
correctly for me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Debra Dalgleish

You have to go to the Pivot Wizard, and set its data source as the named
range. There are instructions he

"Deb" wrote in message

I have a pivot table that I update each month with monthly client
information
and when I hit refresh the chart, the information that is in the datasheet
for March is not updated on the pivot report.

Also is there a way of updating pivot charts each month without having to
go
in and reset the datasheet boundaries which apparently is not working
correctly for me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

--
Debra Dalgleish