Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If no value in a1 how do I get a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 a8 not to show their vaules

Hi all,

How do I do this, A1 sheet2 has a date in it linked from sheet1 __ A2
A3 A4 A5 A6 also have links in it from sheet1. I want to be able to if
the date does not appear in A1 that the other cells do not show up as
well or format white or whatever trick anyone knows????

Thanks
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One way:
Select A2:A6, with A2 active. Choose Format/Conditional Formatting...

CF1: Formula = $A$1=""
Format1: <font/<white/background color

In article .com,
"pano" wrote:

How do I do this, A1 sheet2 has a date in it linked from sheet1 __ A2
A3 A4 A5 A6 also have links in it from sheet1. I want to be able to if
the date does not appear in A1 that the other cells do not show up as
well or format white or whatever trick anyone knows????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Or =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1)

Entered in Sheet2 A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 10 Feb 2007 16:05:21 -0800, "pano" wrote:

Hi all,

How do I do this, A1 sheet2 has a date in it linked from sheet1 __ A2
A3 A4 A5 A6 also have links in it from sheet1. I want to be able to if
the date does not appear in A1 that the other cells do not show up as
well or format white or whatever trick anyone knows????

Thanks
Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 11, 11:50 am, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Or =IF(Sheet1!A1=0,"",Sheet1!A1)

Entered in Sheet2 A1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 10 Feb 2007 16:05:21 -0800, "pano" wrote:

Hi all,

How do I do this, A1 sheet2 has a date in it linked from sheet1 __ A2
A3 A4 A5 A6 also have links in it from sheet1. I want to be able to if
the date does not appear in A1 that the other cells do not show up as
well or format white or whatever trick anyone knows????

Thanks
Stephen- Hide quoted text -

Thanks to you both for your replys I have gone with conditional
formatting.
Regards
Stephen