Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I reset the tab order in a form

I unprotected the fields that I want the users to fill and, after making some
changes, the tab order was changed. After the fisrt 6 or 7 fields, the tab is
in a loop and goes back to the same last 3 fields.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Feb 9, 12:07 pm, Lyne wrote:
I unprotected the fields that I want the users to fill and, after making some
changes, the tab order was changed. After the fisrt 6 or 7 fields, the tab is
in a loop and goes back to the same last 3 fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When you have the form open in the VBE environment, use "View / Tab
Order" on the menu system and have at it. You'll also want to make
sure that, in the properties of the relevant form objects, that
"TabStop" is set to "True". If it isn't you won't be able to tab to it
even though it has a position in the "Tab Order" list.
HTH

= Marchand =

On Feb 9, 12:07 pm, Lyne wrote:
I unprotected the fields that I want the users to fill and, after making some
changes, the tab order was changed. After the fisrt 6 or 7 fields, the tab is
in a loop and goes back to the same last 3 fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am not working in VBE environment, I don't even know what it is. This is a
simple Excel worksheet. I know how to change the tab order in Access but I am
stuck here in Excel...

Any other suggestions?

On Feb 9, 12:07 pm, Lyne wrote:
I unprotected the fields that I want the users to fill and, after making some
changes, the tab order was changed. After the fisrt 6 or 7 fields, the tab is
in a loop and goes back to the same last 3 fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lyne,

Seems I misunderstood your problem, so thanks for the follow-up.
When you say 'fields' do you mean just the cells in an Excel
spreadsheet? If so, have you checked their "Locked" properties (Right-
click for the cell menu, then "Format" then "Protection"; alternately
do "Format / Cells ... ")?

= M =

On Feb 9, 12:07 pm, Lyne wrote:
I unprotected the fields that I want the users to fill and, after making some
changes, the tab order was changed. After the fisrt 6 or 7 fields, the tab is
in a loop and goes back to the same last 3 fields.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I meant just the cells in an Excel
spreadsheet. The whole sheet is locked except for the cells where I want the
users to input data. When I tab, everything is fine for the first 6 cells,
then pressing tab again brings me back to cells 4, 5 and 6, over and over
again... I checked and rechecked everything (it's not the first time I]ve
done something similar) and I just can't figure out what's wrong !

Lyne