Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default DSUM with Named Ranges

I a m having a problem with DSUM criteria.

I have the following columns amongst others
ACCOUNT Type Nominal Code
BUDGET Staff

The BUDGET entry is an item in the ACCOUNT TYPE column but Staff refers to a
named range of several different codes.

If I include "Nominal Code" as the 1st entry in the "Staff" Range then I can
use INDIRECT B2 for the criteria but I then cant use the criteria in column A.

Can someone please help

--
Kind Regards

Peter Bebbington
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Remove the Nominal Code heading in the criteria area, or change it to a
heading that's not in the main table.
In the criteria cell that says Staff, replace with a formula that refers
to the first data cell in the Nominal Code column of the main table. For
example:

=COUNTIF(Staff,B2)

where Nominal Code is in column B.

Peter Bebbington wrote:
I a m having a problem with DSUM criteria.

I have the following columns amongst others
ACCOUNT Type Nominal Code
BUDGET Staff

The BUDGET entry is an item in the ACCOUNT TYPE column but Staff refers to a
named range of several different codes.

If I include "Nominal Code" as the 1st entry in the "Staff" Range then I can
use INDIRECT B2 for the criteria but I then cant use the criteria in column A.

Can someone please help

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Debra
Many thanks I will give it a whirl
--
Kind Regards

Peter Bebbington

Peter Bebbington wrote:
I a m having a problem with DSUM criteria.

I have the following columns amongst others
ACCOUNT Type Nominal Code
BUDGET Staff

The BUDGET entry is an item in the ACCOUNT TYPE column but Staff refers to a
named range of several different codes.

If I include "Nominal Code" as the 1st entry in the "Staff" Range then I can
use INDIRECT B2 for the criteria but I then cant use the criteria in column A.

Can someone please help

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You're welcome! If it doesn't do what you need, post another message
here, with more details.