Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Joe Gieder

Default Named Ranges

I created several named ranges (24) and was wondering if there's a way to
automatically adjust them. The spreadsheet I have contains thousands of
formulas and I use ranges within them. Currently my ranges are defined to go
just beyond the last row of data because I don't want emplty cells to be
evaluated (this spreadsheet takes 40 minutes to calculate). Whenever I add
additional data I go back to the named ranges and increase the range. I don't
know if this is possible but is there an easy way to have the named ranges
identify the last row of data and adjust the ranges as required? Can this be
done with a macro or with VB?

Thank you in advance for any information, examples and help.
Joe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

Get hold of Jan Karel Pieterse's Name Manager utility, it probably does that
and a lot more http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.htm

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Joe Gieder" wrote in message
I created several named ranges (24) and was wondering if there's a way to
automatically adjust them. The spreadsheet I have contains thousands of
formulas and I use ranges within them. Currently my ranges are defined to

go
just beyond the last row of data because I don't want emplty cells to be
evaluated (this spreadsheet takes 40 minutes to calculate). Whenever I

add
additional data I go back to the named ranges and increase the range. I

don't
know if this is possible but is there an easy way to have the named ranges
identify the last row of data and adjust the ranges as required? Can this

be
done with a macro or with VB?

Thank you in advance for any information, examples and help.
Joe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JMB

Chip has some info on his site: