Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

Default Beginning of Pay Period for Bi-Weekly Timesheet

Hello,

I have been working on some different timesheets for the same company for
the last 4 months on and off. Basically I completed one, everyone loved it,
and now interns and work studies want their timesheets to do the same thing.
I have completed everything but one thing that I need help on. Plus, this is
more of a luxury than a necessity.

Based on a bi-weekly pay period, I need the Sunday before the first day (pay
period beginning) entered to automatically appear. A month ago someone told
me how to get the last Saturday of the second week (end of pay period) to do
this, so I thought it would be a simple switch MAX to MIN. Shows what I
know. So, if anyone could help, thank you ahead of time.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

Damn, forgot to mention something. Make sure to embed the function in an IF
statement so the cell is blank when there are no dates entered.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Don Don is offline

That worked. I actually think I messed up the first time. I tried applying
the formula to all dates rather than the first day entered. Makes since that
someone would start with the top most cell. My brain was just a few steps
behind. Anyway, I am going to try bob's as well now that I am thinking
strait.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:
With the date you entered in B2 try:

=IF(B2="","",B2-WEEKDAY(B2)+1)