Abe

Default Comparative spreadsheets

I have 3 worksheets, this years income by month, last years income by month
and this years budget by month. I have created a forth worksheet the
compares the monthly data and the year to date data from the first 3
worksheets. However, I don't want to change the formula for year month or
create separate worksheet for each month of comparison. Is there any way
thay if I have the word "March" in the comparative worksheet the comparative
worksheet will reference the march data from the first 3 worksheets and also
the year to date data for January to March. If I change the word to "June"
it will automatically change the comparative data to reflect the June data
and the year to date data up to June from the 3 spreadsheets.

Please help.

Thanks
Harlan Grove

"Abe" wrote...
I have 3 worksheets, this years income by month, last years income by
month and this years budget by month. I have created a forth worksheet
the compares the monthly data and the year to date data from the first
3 worksheets. However, I don't want to change the formula for year
month or create separate worksheet for each month of comparison. Is
there any way thay if I have the word "March" in the comparative
worksheet the comparative worksheet will reference the march data from
the first 3 worksheets and also the year to date data for January to
March. If I change the word to "June" it will automatically change
the comparative data to reflect the June data and the year to date
data up to June from the 3 spreadsheets.

How is your monthly and monthly YTD data laid out in these other worksheets?
It's possible you could use simple lookup functions.