lucky

Default need funct to match data in 3 seperate spreadsheets column 1 to v.

I need to write a function in Excel to find matching data in 3 seperate
spreadsheets, column 1 so that I can view and compare the corresponding data
in column 5 of those 3 spreadsheets. I am hav9ing problems writing the
function: first phase
=VLOOKUP(Sheet1!A3:A1588,Sheet2!A:E,5,FALSE)

Dan Knight

Lucky;
You're having problems with the Vlookup function because you are assigning
the first argument (the lookup value) to a multi-cell range (ie: multiple
values). How is XL suspose to lookup multiple value at once?
If however, you assign a single cell range to the 1st argument (ie:
Sheet1!A1), then it will look up that value and return the value from the 5th
column.
Of course you would have to copy this formula down the list of data you want
to lookup.

Dan Knight