Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple If (Lookup?) Statement

Can anyone help me write this formula?

The greater of D49 and I49 represents "Chargeable".
When Chargeable is:
1. Greater than D9 but less than E9, the value should be chargeable X D10
2. Greater than E9 but less than F9, the value should be chargeable X E10
3. Greater than F9 but less than G9, the value should be chargeable X E10
4. Greater than G9, the value should be chargeable XG10

When the Chargeable X D10 is less than C10, the value should be C10
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Teri

I would use a helper cell to hold the chargeable value say J49 with a
formula of
=MAX(D49,I49)

Then
=IF(J49G9,J49*G10,IF(J49F9,J49*F10,IF(J49E9,J49 *E10,IF(J49D9,MAX(C10,J49*D10),""))))

If you want the result all in one cell, then just substitute
MAX(D29,I49) for every occurrence of J49 in formula above.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Teri" wrote in message
Can anyone help me write this formula?

The greater of D49 and I49 represents "Chargeable".
When Chargeable is:
1. Greater than D9 but less than E9, the value should be chargeable X
D10
2. Greater than E9 but less than F9, the value should be chargeable X
E10
3. Greater than F9 but less than G9, the value should be chargeable X
E10
4. Greater than G9, the value should be chargeable XG10

When the Chargeable X D10 is less than C10, the value should be C10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This was the response from the other day.

=MAX(MAX(D49,I49)*LOOKUP(MAX(D49,I49),D9:G9,D10:G1 0),C10)

What was wrong with the result?

"Teri" wrote:

Can anyone help me write this formula?

The greater of D49 and I49 represents "Chargeable".
When Chargeable is:
1. Greater than D9 but less than E9, the value should be chargeable X D10
2. Greater than E9 but less than F9, the value should be chargeable X E10
3. Greater than F9 but less than G9, the value should be chargeable X E10
4. Greater than G9, the value should be chargeable XG10

When the Chargeable X D10 is less than C10, the value should be C10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Oops, I disregarded the last condition:

When the Chargeable X D10 is less than C10, the value should be C10

Please ignore my formula.

Kostis Vezerides

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Roger, thank you for your response, but when I follow your instructions
exactly, my cell remains blank. Using the audit tool, I traced all the
dependents and precedents and it looks fine. Any suggestions?

"Teri" wrote in message
Can anyone help me write this formula?

The greater of D49 and I49 represents "Chargeable".
When Chargeable is:
1. Greater than D9 but less than E9, the value should be chargeable X
D10
2. Greater than E9 but less than F9, the value should be chargeable X
E10
3. Greater than F9 but less than G9, the value should be chargeable X
E10
4. Greater than G9, the value should be chargeable XG10

When the Chargeable X D10 is less than C10, the value should be C10

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Duke! Yes, when I ran the formula, it displayed a #N/A in the cell. This
one works perfectly!

Thank you EVERYBODY for your help :)