Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
DP7 DP7 is offline

Default Lookup multiple values return one value corresponding value Excel

I want to look up multiple values, to return only one value. So far I have
only seen that I can use one lookup value in VLOOKUP. Is there any way or any
other function I should use to look up multiple values to return only one
value? The multiple lookup values I want to use are all in the same row. The
value to be returned is also in that same row.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try one of these: For TEXT

...........A............B............C
1........A............F...........text1
2........C............B...........text2
3........F............G...........text3
4........R............T...........text4
5........X............Y..........text5

Lookup values:

A10 = C
A11 = B

Formula entered as an array using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER
(not just ENTER):

=INDEX(C1:C5,MATCH(1,(A1:A5=A10)*(B1:B5=A11),0))

For numbers (assumes that there is only one instance of corresponding lookup
values):

...........A.............B............C

A10 = C
A11 = B

Formula normally entered:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A5=A10),--(B1:B5=A11),C1:C5)

Biff