Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excell worksheets

How can I date stamp a cell entry that will not up-date until the entry is
changed?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Detail?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BillyBob" wrote in message
How can I date stamp a cell entry that will not up-date until the entry is
changed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have made a spead sheet to enter statistical data into many cells. I want
to see the actual date of entry in another set of cells. Problem is that
everything I have tried up-dates the date cells to today's date each time I
open the spread sheet. I do not want to depend on the person entering the
data to also manually enter the date.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Detail?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BillyBob" wrote in message
How can I date stamp a cell entry that will not up-date until the entry is
changed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Right click sheet tabview codeinsert thissave workbook
now when you change anything in cells d2: d22 the date will be put in col F

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("d2:d22")) Is Nothing Then
Target.Offset(0, 2) = Date

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BillyBob" wrote in message
I have made a spead sheet to enter statistical data into many cells. I want
to see the actual date of entry in another set of cells. Problem is that
everything I have tried up-dates the date cells to today's date each time
open the spread sheet. I do not want to depend on the person entering the
data to also manually enter the date.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Detail?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BillyBob" wrote in message
How can I date stamp a cell entry that will not up-date until the entry
is
changed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

BillyBob

You will need event code for this.

When entering data in A1:A10, the date will be placed in column B

On Error GoTo ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
With Target
If .Value < "" Then
.Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyyy")
End If
End With
End If
ws_exit:
Application.EnableEvents = True
End Sub

This is sheet event code. Right-click on the sheet tab and "View Code"

Copy/paste the above into that sheet module.

Adjust range to suit.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 07:47:00 -0800, BillyBob
wrote:

I have made a spead sheet to enter statistical data into many cells. I want
to see the actual date of entry in another set of cells. Problem is that
everything I have tried up-dates the date cells to today's date each time I
open the spread sheet. I do not want to depend on the person entering the
data to also manually enter the date.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Detail?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"BillyBob" wrote in message
How can I date stamp a cell entry that will not up-date until the entry is
changed?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you. This worked quite well.

"BillyBob" wrote in message
I have made a spead sheet to enter statistical data into many cells. I want
to see the actual date of entry in another set of cells. Problem is that
everything I have tried up-dates the date cells to today's date each time
open the spread sheet. I do not want to depend on the person entering the
data to also manually enter the date.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Detail?

--