Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Checking if information in a cell is within a column

I have two sheets open

On the first sheet, there is a single column of information.

On the second sheet, there is a single column of the same formula.

My question is what should the formula be if I want the second sheet's cells
to show the first sheet's information, but only if there is not the same
information in any of the cells above it? If there are any cells that
already hold the information, future cells should remain blank or "".

An Example...

Sheet 1 Column A Row 1 - "SS-DFC-4"
Sheet 1 Column A Row 2 - "S-DMC-5"
Sheet 1 Column A Row 3 - "SS-DFC-4"

Based on the above information sheet 2's Column A Row 1-3 should look like...

SS-DFC-4
S-DMC-5
""

Could i get some help on how to go about writing this formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Andrew

On sheet2 cell A1
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:A1,A1)1,"",Sheet1!A1)
copy down sheet 2 as required

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Andrew M." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

In Sheet2,

Put in A1:
=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:A1,Shee t1!A1)1,"",Sheet1!A1))
Copy A1 down as far as required.
--
Max
Singapore
"Andrew M." wrote:
I have two sheets open

On the first sheet, there is a single column of information.

On the second sheet, there is a single column of the same formula.

My question is what should the formula be if I want the second sheet's cells
to show the first sheet's information, but only if there is not the same
information in any of the cells above it? If there are any cells that
already hold the information, future cells should remain blank or "".

An Example...

Sheet 1 Column A Row 1 - "SS-DFC-4"
Sheet 1 Column A Row 2 - "S-DMC-5"
Sheet 1 Column A Row 3 - "SS-DFC-4"

Based on the above information sheet 2's Column A Row 1-3 should look like...

SS-DFC-4
S-DMC-5
""

Could i get some help on how to go about writing this formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Apologies Andrew.
It should be
=IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!$A$1:A1,Sheet1!A1)1,"",Sheet1! A1)

otherwise it would be looking at A1 from Sheet2

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Andrew M." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Good to hear that, Andrew !
Your feedback is appreciated ..
--
"Andrew M." wrote in message
Thx, Max that does it very well. I appreciate your help. :)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I was having trouble getting your original one to work properly and i see the
difference now. Thanks alot, Roger.

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Apologies Andrew.
It should be