Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Sorting in pivottables

Is it possible to sort a pivot-table by values in the data area?

traima
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Yes.
Double click on the field you want sortedAdvancedSort AscendingUsing
field - use the dropdown to select Sum of whatever your data filed is.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"traima" wrote in message
Is it possible to sort a pivot-table by values in the data area?

traima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Roger,

I'm having some problems understanding this.. My pivottable looks like this

Data
Ship from Sum of kollies Sum of FBV
City A 88 792
City B 14 86
City C 101 911
Total 203 1789

If i doubleclick on the header (Sum of kollies), i get an error message;
cannot show or hide detail for this selection. If I doubleclick on the
datavalue 88 (in the first row), the details for these shipments show. What
am I doing wrong?

Traima

"traima" wrote in message
Is it possible to sort a pivot-table by values in the data area?

traima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Double click on Ship From, and then do what I said, choosing Sum of
kollies as the sort field.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"traima" wrote in message
Is it possible to sort a pivot-table by values in the data area?

traima

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No, I you chose the dropdown for Sum of Kollies, then your row field
City, will be sorted by the Sum of Kollies, not alphabetically by City
Name.

Take another look at your data and see.

--
Regards