Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
traima traima is offline

Default Sorting in pivottables

Hi Roger,

I'm having some problems understanding this.. My pivottable looks like this

Data
Ship from Sum of kollies Sum of FBV
City A 88 792
City B 14 86
City C 101 911
Total 203 1789

If i doubleclick on the header (Sum of kollies), i get an error message;
cannot show or hide detail for this selection. If I doubleclick on the
datavalue 88 (in the first row), the details for these shipments show. What
am I doing wrong?

Traima

Roger Govier skrev:

Hi

Yes.
Double click on the field you want sortedAdvancedSort AscendingUsing
field - use the dropdown to select Sum of whatever your data filed is.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"traima" wrote in message
Is it possible to sort a pivot-table by values in the data area?

traima