Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Skydiver

Default Sorting Sorting Sorting

I have data in column A & B. Column A contains text and column B contains
mixed dates (years). I want to sort ascending both columns based on the
earliest to latest date. Help.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jim Cone

John,

Select all of the data that you want to sort.
Go to the Data menu and select Sort.
On the displayed form make sure column B is selected
and that ascending is check marked.
--
Jim Cone (D582)
San Francisco, USA

"Skydiver"
wrote in message
I have data in column A & B. Column A contains text and column B contains
mixed dates (years). I want to sort ascending both columns based on the
earliest to latest date. Help.

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Fred Smith

As long as column B contains true Excel dates, it's a simple DataSort...
Specify column B in Sort By, and it will put them in order with the earliest
first.

Fred