Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Dates for month in cell a1 downwards

Hello all
I want to be able to put a date in cell a1 - 1st Jan 2007 and then
have a2 downwards automatically fill in the dates of the month
excluding the saturdays and sundays???

Any helpers with this

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you always put the first workday of the month in A1 then you can use
this formula in A2 copied down to A23 to give all weekdays in the month

=IF(A1="","",IF(MONTH(WORKDAY(A1,1))<MONTH(A1),"" ,WORKDAY(A1,1)))

note:

WORKDAY is part of Analysis ToolPak add-in

"pano" wrote:

Hello all
I want to be able to put a date in cell a1 - 1st Jan 2007 and then
have a2 downwards automatically fill in the dates of the month
excluding the saturdays and sundays???

Any helpers with this

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hmm cant use the analysis Toolpak addin, this is a work toughbook and
it is LOCKED down to billy oh by the IT Dept

"pano" wrote:
Hello all
I want to be able to put a date in cell a1 - 1st Jan 2007 and then
have a2 downwards automatically fill in the dates of the month
excluding the saturdays and sundays???

Any helpers with this

thanks- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In A2

=IF(A1="","",IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1,2)<6,IF(MONTH(A1+1)=M ONTH($A$1),A1+1,""),IF(MON
TH(A1+3)=MONTH($A$1),A1+3,"")))

copy down.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"pano" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hello all
I want to be able to put a date in cell a1 - 1st Jan 2007 and then
have a2 downwards automatically fill in the dates of the month
excluding the saturdays and sundays???

Any helpers with this

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bob that does the trick

On Jan 29, 10:00 pm, "Bob Phillips" wrote:
In A2

=IF(A1="","",IF(WEEKDAY(A1+1,2)<6,IF(MONTH(A1+1)=M ONTH($A$1),A1+1,""),IF(MO*N
TH(A1+3)=MONTH($A$1),A1+3,"")))

copy down.

--
HTH