Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default summating vlookup or index formulas

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...0corresponding

what is the formula that can summate all the corresponding values next to
the name ashish...in other words what formula would be responsible for adding
234 534 adn 834 or any other possible corresponding value that would be next
to ashish.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I get nothing clicking on that link. IE opens with an empty window? However,
the name "Ashish" is familiar and I think I know what that link is about.

I'll take a guess:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"Ashish",B1:B10)

Or, if "Ashish" is in cell D1:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,D1,B1:B10)

Biff

"pkhare3" wrote in message
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...0corresponding

what is the formula that can summate all the corresponding values next to
the name ashish...in other words what formula would be responsible for
adding
234 534 adn 834 or any other possible corresponding value that would be
next
to ashish.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

the web tutorial that i refer to for my problem is the following by a dude
named ashish:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...CL100570551033

this link should work