Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Using 8/23/2005 with INDEX, MATCH, VLOOKUP and IF

Hello all,

This is freakin' me out!

Is there some issue with using the date 8/23/2005 (38587) with these 2 formulae:

=INDEX(DateList,MATCH(B58,DateList,1))
=IF(VLOOKUP($A58,RatesTable,COLUMN()-1,0)="","",VLOOKUP($A58,RatesTable,COLUMN()-1,0))

when ever the date of 8/23/2005 is used, the results in the IF cell is blank. When I use 8/24/2005 or 8/22/2005, the correct
results is returned.

I have run this Excel 2002 SP3 and in Excel 2003 SP2 and the results are the same in both.

If anyone is interested in the file, you can find it he
http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/file...ups_sample.xls

The 2 cells (results cell and the date cell) are highlighted in yellow and they also have names: "ProblemDate" and
"ProblemResults".

I am really curious to know why these formulae are causing this issue with this date. I would like to know if this behaves the same
way on other people's machines.

Also, if anyone has a better way of accomplishing what I'm doing here, I'm all ears.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

You have a "typo date" ?

Look at sheet AvgDepositRates cell A124

That's what your lookup is matching!

Biff

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff,

Thanks for the feedback. I never would have thought of that. I used the IF/VLOOKUP combination before, but that was the first time
that I used the INDEX and MATCH functions. After reading all of the help files on these 2 functions, I managed to get them to do
what I wanted them to. I thought that the problem may have been with the INDEX/MATCH combo.

That goes to show that you can't assume that other people's data is correct.

Thanks again for all of your help,

Conan