Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff Biff is offline

Default Using 8/23/2005 with INDEX, MATCH, VLOOKUP and IF

Hi!

You have a "typo date" ?

Look at sheet AvgDepositRates cell A124

That's what your lookup is matching!

Biff

"Conan Kelly" <CTBarbarin at msn dot com wrote in message
Hello all,

This is freakin' me out!

Is there some issue with using the date 8/23/2005 (38587) with these 2
formulae:

=INDEX(DateList,MATCH(B58,DateList,1))
=IF(VLOOKUP($A58,RatesTable,COLUMN()-1,0)="","",VLOOKUP($A58,RatesTable,COLUMN()-1,0))

when ever the date of 8/23/2005 is used, the results in the IF cell is
blank. When I use 8/24/2005 or 8/22/2005, the correct results is
returned.

I have run this Excel 2002 SP3 and in Excel 2003 SP2 and the results are
the same in both.

If anyone is interested in the file, you can find it he
http://home.att.net/~ctbarbarin/file...ups_sample.xls

The 2 cells (results cell and the date cell) are highlighted in yellow and
they also have names: "ProblemDate" and "ProblemResults".

I am really curious to know why these formulae are causing this issue with
this date. I would like to know if this behaves the same way on other
people's machines.

Also, if anyone has a better way of accomplishing what I'm doing here, I'm
all ears.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide,

Conan Kelly