Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default summating vlookup or index formulas

You're welcome!

do you work for microsoft?

No

Biff

"pkhare3" wrote in message
Fuk yeah, it works nows, tahnks alot, do you work for microsoft?

"T. Valko" wrote:

I get nothing clicking on that link. IE opens with an empty window?
However,
the name "Ashish" is familiar and I think I know what that link is about.

I'll take a guess:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,"Ashish",B1:B10)

Or, if "Ashish" is in cell D1:

=SUMIF(A1:A10,D1,B1:B10)

Biff

"pkhare3" wrote in message
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...0corresponding

what is the formula that can summate all the corresponding values next
the name ashish...in other words what formula would be responsible for
adding
234 534 adn 834 or any other possible corresponding value that would be
next
to ashish.