Joseph

Default SUMIF

i want to do a conditonal sumif only searching on the first 13 characters of
the items in the list. ie. "Total Revenue" of what might be "Total
Revenue - All SE Accounts"

How can I use a variable instead of a fixed value to search on?

Any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Sandy Mann

As with the SUMIF question asked a few minutes ago try:

=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(F1:F10,13)="Total Revenue")*(G1:G10))

HTH

Sandy
--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk