-   -   SUMIF (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/12792-sumif.html)

Joseph

SUMIF

i want to do a conditonal sumif only searching on the first 13 characters of
the items in the list. ie. "Total Revenue" of what might be "Total
Revenue - All SE Accounts"

How can I use a variable instead of a fixed value to search on?

Any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Steve

Using what I leaned from a previous message this morning:
=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(H2:H5,13) = "total Revenue")*(I2:I5))

"Joseph" wrote in message
i want to do a conditonal sumif only searching on the first 13 characters
of
the items in the list. ie. "Total Revenue" of what might be "Total
Revenue - All SE Accounts"

How can I use a variable instead of a fixed value to search on?

Any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Sandy Mann

As with the SUMIF question asked a few minutes ago try:

=SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(F1:F10,13)="Total Revenue")*(G1:G10))

HTH

Sandy
--
to e-mail direct replace @mailinator.com with @tiscali.co.uk

"Joseph" wrote in message
i want to do a conditonal sumif only searching on the first 13 characters

of
the items in the list. ie. "Total Revenue" of what might be "Total
Revenue - All SE Accounts"

How can I use a variable instead of a fixed value to search on?

Any ideas on how I might be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Aladin Akyurek

=SUMIF(ItemRange,"Total Revenue*",SumRange)