Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Name ranges and Lookup

If my lookup ranges are named, can I use the name of the range in a cell then
point to the cell as my lookup table?

Example:

=vlookup(H5,D1,2) where,

H5 = lookup value
D1=CRC
CRC=Position!$A$1:$B$6

I know that I can use the name directly in my formula, however, I have
several named ranges. The use of a specific range is determined by a certain
criteria (i.e., CRC position would use CRC range, CNII position would use
CNII range). What I was hoping to do was list the appropriate range name in
a column then create one vlookup formula (that points to that column) and
copy down.

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That's it!! Thank you, both!!

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=VLOOKUP(H5,INDIRECT(D1),2,0)