Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Name ranges and Lookup

=VLOOKUP(H5,INDIRECT(D1),2,0)

"eionjess" wrote:

If my lookup ranges are named, can I use the name of the range in a cell then
point to the cell as my lookup table?

Example:

=vlookup(H5,D1,2) where,

H5 = lookup value
D1=CRC
CRC=Position!$A$1:$B$6

I know that I can use the name directly in my formula, however, I have
several named ranges. The use of a specific range is determined by a certain
criteria (i.e., CRC position would use CRC range, CNII position would use
CNII range). What I was hoping to do was list the appropriate range name in
a column then create one vlookup formula (that points to that column) and
copy down.

Any suggestions or feedback is appreciated!