Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional Fomarting

I am wanting to put a conditional formating on cell A2 to highlight it red if
cell B20 and cell C2 is blank, but highlight it green if B20 and C2=YES.
I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does this work

Select the cell and conditional formatting

if formula is =AND(B20,C2="") Set to red
2nd condition press ADD
If formula is =AND(B20,C2="Yes") set to green

"Renee" wrote:

I am wanting to put a conditional formating on cell A2 to highlight it red if
cell B20 and cell C2 is blank, but highlight it green if B20 and C2=YES.
I hope this makes sense. Thanks for your help in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make sure you have YES or Yes in the formula and the Cell C2

And similar make sure the cell C2 is empty and doesn't contain a blank or
space

Steve

--
Steve (3)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes, thank you all for your help, I finally managed to get it to work.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Had you selected A2 before?

--
---