Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Change Row Color

This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A2:J2 is just one row, not many.

But you can use the format painter, the paintbrush icon on the toolbar, and
copy the format of A2:J2 and paint it onto other rows.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Cindy" wrote in message
This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rows A2:J2 comrpise only one row, row 2. So your conditional formatting is
working as it should.

Do you mean columns A:J?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Cindy" wrote:

This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry - I meant Row 2; I highlight columns A-J for my conditional formatting
I want each row to show either red or green depending of if I type Y or N in
Column F.

I can get this to work on Row 2 but I cannot get it to copy until the other
rows. What happens is when I use the format paint brush and then try my
format - the entire worksheet turns red or green.

I just want the row that has the Y or N in Column F to either turn red or
green and I wanted a shortcut. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Thank you so much for your help

"Cindy" wrote:

This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cindy

Two methods...........

1. Select A2:J20 and enter your CF formulas, making sure you use $F2 to fix the
column but not the row.

2. Select A2:J2 and enter your CF formula again with $F2

With A2:J2 selected............

Double-click on the Format Painter.

Select A3:J20 to paint the format.

Click once on Format Painter to end painting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Cindy" wrote:

This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That worked for the 1st color but it doesn't work for the 2nd color. Will it
only take the top conditional formatting or is there something else that I
should do to add the 2nd format option.

"Cindy" wrote:

This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cindy

FormatCFCondition1Formula is: =$F2="Y" Format to green pattern

AddCondition2Formula is: =$F2="N" Format to red pattern

Works for me.

Gord