Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Change Row Color

Cindy

Two methods...........

1. Select A2:J20 and enter your CF formulas, making sure you use $F2 to fix the
column but not the row.

2. Select A2:J2 and enter your CF formula again with $F2

With A2:J2 selected............

Double-click on the Format Painter.

Select A3:J20 to paint the format.

Click once on Format Painter to end painting.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:18:01 -0800, Cindy
wrote:

Sorry - I meant Row 2; I highlight columns A-J for my conditional formatting
I want each row to show either red or green depending of if I type Y or N in
Column F.

I can get this to work on Row 2 but I cannot get it to copy until the other
rows. What happens is when I use the format paint brush and then try my
format - the entire worksheet turns red or green.

I just want the row that has the Y or N in Column F to either turn red or
green and I wanted a shortcut. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.
Thank you so much for your help

"Dave F" wrote:

Rows A2:J2 comrpise only one row, row 2. So your conditional formatting is
working as it should.

Do you mean columns A:J?

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"Cindy" wrote:

This is my current spreadsheet:
Rows: A2 - J2
Conditional Formating
1) =$F2="Y" (format Green)
2) =$F2="N" (format Red) and this works for Row 2

What I need is to have this same format work on each row and I just cannot
get it to work! Please HELP!!