Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting a range of cells

Is it possible to conditional format (CF) a range of cells eg A1 to A50
depending on the contents of the cells B1 to B50?
I want the individual cells in A1 to A50 to change when a value is eneterd
into the individual cells B1 to B2, eg if I enter a date in B1 then contents
of A1 changes to red, if I enter a date in B2 then contents of A2 changes to
red etc etc.

I know how to get it to change to red but it seems I have to CF each cell
individually. ie A1 to B1, A2 to B2 etc etc.

I have tried to copy and paste (format) cell A1 to cells A2 to A50 but these
would always refernce back to B1 (Because A1 refers to B1)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select A1 to A50, with the focus of the selection in A1 (A1 is white).

Then,
<Format. <Conditional Format
Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is",
And enter this :

=B10

Then click on "Format", and choose whatever you like.
Then <OK out.
And you're done!
--
HTH,