Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple Selection of Non-Continuous Data

I posted this earlier in the programming group, but I think that this
is the right place.

I am attempting to create a named range for a graph to display data
from the end of each month. Ideally, the data for the range would come
from the following set:

A Jan Feb Mar Apr
B g2 g8 g12 #N/A

where each cell in row B contains a cell reference for the date of the
last workday of a month. For months that have not occured yet, the
formula I created returns the #N/A error. My problem is creating the
named range that uses the INDIRECT() function to read in each cell
reference that exists.

The data needs to remain a cell reference (instead of the value it is
referring to) so that I can later use an OFFSET() function on the named
range to grab the performance values for each month.

Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
- BGetson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

My main problem is creating a base function that can recognize if I
receive the #N/A error. As you mentioned, the solution might be
creating additional rows to only hold the data that I want/exists, but
I don't know how I would get that to work.

I guess in pseudocode (or pseudo-function) I want the named range to
look something like:

for B2:B5
=IF B2 < #N/A, INDIRECT(B2)

I tried using something like this earlier using the union operator for
each cell I wanted to analyze (12), but it became a mess and was unable
to figure out where excel was giving me an error.

Also, I posted here instead of in .charting because I'm having trouble
with the worksheet function aspect of my problem.

I hope that this might clear up my issue.

-BGetson