Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
vezerid vezerid is offline

Default Multiple Selection of Non-Continuous Data

The formula to test if a cell contains #N/A is:

=IF(ISNA(B2),"",INDIRECT(B2))

Bear in mind that, for charting, #N/A might be very useful because it
is ignored and not plotted. Therefore you might want to keep it.

HTH
Kostis

wrote:
My main problem is creating a base function that can recognize if I
receive the #N/A error. As you mentioned, the solution might be
creating additional rows to only hold the data that I want/exists, but
I don't know how I would get that to work.

I guess in pseudocode (or pseudo-function) I want the named range to
look something like:

for B2:B5
=IF B2 < #N/A, INDIRECT(B2)

I tried using something like this earlier using the union operator for
each cell I wanted to analyze (12), but it became a mess and was unable
to figure out where excel was giving me an error.

Also, I posted here instead of in .charting because I'm having trouble
with the worksheet function aspect of my problem.

I hope that this might clear up my issue.

-BGetson