Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Synconizing Worksheets

I have worksheets I need to syncronize between two machines, one using
Windows XP and one with ME. I can't figure out the Briefcase method and
when I use the Data Import Tool, it imports the whole sheet. Is there an
easy way to do this? The machines are not on a network.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi itten,

Pleasse can you explain syncronize between two machines. I do not believe
that there is a tool to sync cells in a workbook and you need to develop some
tool to update either or both of the sheets for changes which could be quit a
complex task.

If you explain a little more we may be able to provide some constructive
comments.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"itten" wrote:

I have worksheets I need to syncronize between two machines, one using
Windows XP and one with ME. I can't figure out the Briefcase method and
when I use the Data Import Tool, it imports the whole sheet. Is there an
easy way to do this? The machines are not on a network.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have a spread sheet that I add data to on a regular basis. I copy the data
onto a floppy disk and insert it into the other machine. I copy and paste
the data from one machine to another and this works, but I would rather keep
both databases updated without copying and pasting any new data. I don't
want to get confused and loose data from one machine to the other. If I had
two machines running XP, I could perhaps use Briefcase, but one machine has
ME as the operating system.

"itten" wrote:

I have worksheets I need to syncronize between two machines, one using
Windows XP and one with ME. I can't figure out the Briefcase method and
when I use the Data Import Tool, it imports the whole sheet. Is there an
easy way to do this? The machines are not on a network.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

As far as I know briefcase will only update the files ie replace an older
file with a new one.

It won't check the contents of cells and update respectively.

You need to develop a simple update process that will take the file on the
floppy and check for changes and update accordingly.
--

"itten" wrote:

I have worksheets I need to syncronize between two machines, one using
Windows XP and one with ME. I can't figure out the Briefcase method and
when I use the Data Import Tool, it imports the whole sheet. Is there an
easy way to do this? The machines are not on a network.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If that's the case, I don't even need the Briefcase. I could just make a
new folder, put one file in it, drag another of the same file name and
overwrite the original

I don't think that was the way Briefcase was supposed to work. There has to
be a simpler way.