Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Martin Fishlock Martin Fishlock is offline

Default Synconizing Worksheets

As far as I know briefcase will only update the files ie replace an older
file with a new one.

It won't check the contents of cells and update respectively.

You need to develop a simple update process that will take the file on the
floppy and check for changes and update accordingly.
--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"itten" wrote:

I have a spread sheet that I add data to on a regular basis. I copy the data
onto a floppy disk and insert it into the other machine. I copy and paste
the data from one machine to another and this works, but I would rather keep
both databases updated without copying and pasting any new data. I don't
want to get confused and loose data from one machine to the other. If I had
two machines running XP, I could perhaps use Briefcase, but one machine has
ME as the operating system.

"Martin Fishlock" wrote in message
Hi itten,

Pleasse can you explain syncronize between two machines. I do not believe
that there is a tool to sync cells in a workbook and you need to develop
some
tool to update either or both of the sheets for changes which could be
quit a
complex task.

If you explain a little more we may be able to provide some constructive
comments.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand

"itten" wrote:

I have worksheets I need to syncronize between two machines, one using
Windows XP and one with ME. I can't figure out the Briefcase method and
when I use the Data Import Tool, it imports the whole sheet. Is there an
easy way to do this? The machines are not on a network.