Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default embed an object that links to a specific worksheet or range

I need to embed an object in an excel worksheet that displays (through a
link) another excel worksheet or range. When I use Insert - Object I can
only define the file (workbook) and the first worksheet displays by default.

The syntax in the formula bar is: =Excel.Sheet.8|'C:\filename.xls'!''''
I have tried putting the sheetname or the range name in the quotes at the
end of the string but the formula doesnt seem to recognise this.

(BTW I am using Excel 2000)

Thanks for your help.