Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ked ked is offline

Default Conditional format a cell based on another range of cells

I am trying to format cell "A" to have a fill color IF cells b3-aq3 have a
date less than today's date. I entered this formulaL: =$b$3:$aq$5<=(NOW()).
but for some reason it's only formatting based on the value in b3 rather
than any of the cells in the range. any help woul be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ked ked is offline

Peo

Thank you - it worked - now can you tell me if there is a way to copy this
CF to other cells as I have a bunch to do this with.

Thanks,
KED

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try

=COUNTIF($B$3:$AQ$5,"<="&NOW())0

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

ked wrote:
I am trying to format cell "A" to have a fill color IF cells b3-aq3 have a
date less than today's date. I entered this formulaL: =$b$3:$aq$5<=(NOW()).
but for some reason it's only formatting based on the value in b3 rather
than any of the cells in the range. any help woul be greatly appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select all the cells, and then assuming row 3 is first select row, use

=COUNTIF($B3:$AQ3,"<="&NOW())0

--
---
HTH

Bob

"ked" wrote in message
Peo

Thank you - it worked - now can you tell me if there is a way to copy this
CF to other cells as I have a bunch to do this with.

Thanks,
KED

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try

=COUNTIF($B$3:$AQ$5,"<="&NOW())0

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

ked wrote:
I am trying to format cell "A" to have a fill color IF cells b3-aq3
have a
date less than today's date. I entered this formulaL:
=$b$3:$aq$5<=(NOW()).
but for some reason it's only formatting based on the value in b3
rather
than any of the cells in the range. any help woul be greatly
appreciated!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ked ked is offline

Thank You!

"ked" wrote in message
Peo

Thank you - it worked - now can you tell me if there is a way to copy this
CF to other cells as I have a bunch to do this with.

Thanks,
KED

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try