Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ked ked is offline

Default Conditional format a cell based on another range of cells

Peo

Thank you - it worked - now can you tell me if there is a way to copy this
CF to other cells as I have a bunch to do this with.

Thanks,
KED

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

Try

=COUNTIF($B$3:$AQ$5,"<="&NOW())0

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

ked wrote:
I am trying to format cell "A" to have a fill color IF cells b3-aq3 have a
date less than today's date. I entered this formulaL: =$b$3:$aq$5<=(NOW()).
but for some reason it's only formatting based on the value in b3 rather
than any of the cells in the range. any help woul be greatly appreciated!