Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If statements and conditions - again!! new prob

Hey Max, thanks for your help.

The formulas you gave ie

Formula is: =AND(B2-A2<=0,B2<"",A2<"")
Format: Red fill

worked fine. thank you.
Now my prob is my data is not all numerical, ie it runs
6a,6b,6c....to...1a,1b,1c where 6a is highest and 1c is lowest. So excel
cna't use formula where letters are involved. I can change the 1c, 1b etc
into average point scores instead. i.e 1c=7, 1b=9,1a=11 etc. But I wanted
Excel to do it so if a member of my staff types in 1c, the cell displays 7
adn if they type in 4a the cell will display 29 etc. I tried autocorrect, but
every cell needs every possibility...does this make sense? Really appreciate
your help. - Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could still use that formula

1a is less than 1b, and