Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Clone worksheets?

I'm not too Excel literate, but is there a way to basically clone an Excel
worksheet without the values? I know you can do this with databases. I have
sheets I use from year to year and hate to do a Save As and then clear out
all the values, or a copy, and then clear the values, or data. I tried the
Paste Special tab, but the values/data still transfer over. I want to retain
my column headings and categories, and formulas, nothing else.
Thanks.
--
B Martucci
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

bmartucci

To help clean up your spread sheet this is what I have done and it worked
for me. Make your copy by renaming it and then slect the entire worksheet.
(The easy way is to click on the little grey square between the first row and
the first column.) the go to EditGotoSpecial select constraints, and ok
out. Now all of your inputted data is selected and none of the formulas.
Because they are selected, I like to right click and select "Clear contents".
You will need to do this for each worksheet in each workbook. Now you are
ready for 2007! I would also save a copy of this for 2008 or save it as a
template and use it every year. Please do this on a copy first to make sure
it is doing what you want!!!!

Mike Rogers

"bmartucci" wrote:

I'm not too Excel literate, but is there a way to basically clone an Excel
worksheet without the values? I know you can do this with databases. I have
sheets I use from year to year and hate to do a Save As and then clear out
all the values, or a copy, and then clear the values, or data. I tried the
Paste Special tab, but the values/data still transfer over. I want to retain
my column headings and categories, and formulas, nothing else.
Thanks.
--
B Martucci

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Copy the sheet then F5SpecialConstants.

Check the constants you want to clear(like numbers) and OK.

EditClearClear Contents

If you have several sheets I would do the above on each one then save those
sheets in a new workbook for next year.

You could Save AsFile TypeTemplate(*.xlt) if you choose.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP