Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default using function sumif

Col A currently contains only 2006 dates, but as soon as the new year rolls,
the same column will also contain 2007 dates. Col B contains numbers that I
want to sum, depending on the date in column A. From now until Janualry 1st,
I want to sum only the data containing 2006 dates. On January 1st, I want the
sum to include 2007 entries as well. Some entries are entered in advance of
the actual date. For instance, an entry could be made today with a January
2nd date. I wouldn't want to include that data in my sum until January
actually rolls around. How do I write the formula? BTW, I'm not a Visual
Basic programmer, I can only use formulas on the worksheet. Thanks in advance
for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jan

You should be able to so this with SUMIFs:

=SUMIF(A:A,"<01/01/2007",B:B)

for all the 2006 data.

It becomes a simple sum in 2007.

Hope this helps!