Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JPB JPB is offline

Default Using the TODAY() function in a SUMIF function

I'm having ALOT of problems getting SUMIF to recognize the TODAY()
function. Basically I'm trying to create a worksheet that will add up
the total balances of Lines of credit if their expiration date is after
todays date. I have tried including the TODAY() function in the formula
for the SUMIF and I have tried to have the SUMIF formula reference a
cell that has =TODAY() in it. Neither is working.

--
JPB
JPB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36852

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Would this work for you

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A6TODAY())*(B2:B6))

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This method seemed to work for me.

I created a column and put this formula in it and copied it down:
=TODAY()-B1 (where the date was in column B)

I then used this formula: =SUMIF(C1:C5,"<0",A1:A5) (where column A was the
amount to be summed.)

However I see that someone has posted an easier solution with sumproduct.
(I simply must read up on that function as half the time when I come up with
a solution another person uses sumproduct to do all sorts of wonderfully
eaier things with it. :O) )

"JPB" wrote:

I'm having ALOT of problems getting SUMIF to recognize the TODAY()
function. Basically I'm trying to create a worksheet that will add up
the total balances of Lines of credit if their expiration date is after
todays date. I have tried including the TODAY() function in the formula
for the SUMIF and I have tried to have the SUMIF formula reference a
cell that has =TODAY() in it. Neither is working.

--
JPB
JPB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36852
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565580

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JPB JPB is offline

Thank you all very much for your replies. It worked perfectly!