Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips Bob Phillips is offline

Default Using the TODAY() function in a SUMIF function

You need to string the operator and the date together, like so

=SUMIF(A2:A6,""&TODAY(),B2:B6)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"JPB" wrote in message

I'm having ALOT of problems getting SUMIF to recognize the TODAY()
function. Basically I'm trying to create a worksheet that will add up
the total balances of Lines of credit if their expiration date is after
todays date. I have tried including the TODAY() function in the formula
for the SUMIF and I have tried to have the SUMIF formula reference a
cell that has =TODAY() in it. Neither is working.

--
JPB
JPB's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565580