Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adscrim

Default Can I add and IF function to a SUMIF function?

I need to sum values in a list that match other values and know that
this can be done via the SUMIF function. However I also need to split
the values based on a second numeric criteria.

Does anyone know how this can be done. I thought about adding an IF
function to the crtieria in the SUMIF. eg
=SUMIF(A:A,B4&IF(A1DATE(2006,1,1),D:D) but can't get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

--
adscrim
adscrim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30636

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

For your tests, I think you need

=IF(A1DATE(2006,1,1),SUMIF(A:A,B4,D:D),0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"adscrim" wrote in
message ...

I need to sum values in a list that match other values and know that
this can be done via the SUMIF function. However I also need to split
the values based on a second numeric criteria.

Does anyone know how this can be done. I thought about adding an IF
function to the crtieria in the SUMIF. eg
=SUMIF(A:A,B4&IF(A1DATE(2006,1,1),D:D) but can't get it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

--
adscrim
adscrim's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
adscrim

What if the date reference is in a range. Should have mentioned this in
the original posts.

on sheet 1 I have a list of names in column A and a SUMIF in column B.
The SUMIF looks at column B on sheet 2 for the range, the name in
column A on sheet 1 for the criteria and column C on sheet 2 for the
sum range.

Column A on sheet 2 has a list of dates which I want to incorporate
into the SUMIF function so that the values in column C sheet2 are
summed where the name in column b sheet2 equals the name picked from
the list in A sheet 1 but only when the date in column A sheet 2 is
above a certain value.

Hope thats clear enough and thank for the early suggestion Bob

--
adscrim
adscrim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30636
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=502907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Phillips

That was my original thought, until I read it properly <vbg

=SUMPRODUCT(--(Sheet2!$B$1:$B$1000=Sheet1!A1),--(Sheet2!A1:A100=DATE(2006,1
,1)),Sheet2!C1:C1000)

Note that SUMPRODUCT doesn't work with complete columns, you have to specify
a range.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

[...]