Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default e mailing attatchments excel always come out as scrambled words?

Hi Please can anyone help me ?

I am attempting to e mail 2 attatchments of excel spreadsheets very
important as I need to e mail these every week to clients.

They say uploaded at my end but the recipients always just get a load of
gobblediguch and scrambled words and letters and codes.

Please can anyone help me on how to put this right /.

Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you are using Outlook as your email client - if it is something
else, then instructions will vary -

Safest, least confusing to the recipient, is to create your Excel file and
save it to disk. Then start Outlook, start an email to that person, with
appropriate text in the body. Then use Insert | File and locate the .xls
file you need to send, and attach it and send.

I've seen some strange things happen when using the Mail To feature from
inside of the document you wish to send to someone.

First couple of times you do this, try including yourself as a recipient
(best if you have a 2nd email address to use to send to) just so you can see
what they should be receiving at the other end.

"dino32" wrote:

Hi Please can anyone help me ?

I am attempting to e mail 2 attatchments of excel spreadsheets very
important as I need to e mail these every week to clients.

They say uploaded at my end but the recipients always just get a load of
gobblediguch and scrambled words and letters and codes.

Please can anyone help me on how to put this right /.

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

dino32

If you are sending from Outlook Express and recipients have MS Outlook, make
sure you are sending in "Plain Text" mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"dino32" wrote:

Hi Please can anyone help me ?

I am attempting to e mail 2 attatchments of excel spreadsheets very
important as I need to e mail these every week to clients.

They say uploaded at my end but the recipients always just get a load of
gobblediguch and scrambled words and letters and codes.

Please can anyone help me on how to put this right /.

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yep.

OE to Outlook must be in Plain Text AFAICR

When I was sending from work to home I had to make sure the mode was plain text.

RTF produced a *.dat file attachment which was as dino described.

I checked the header on dino's post and noticed he was using the CDO so don't
know which client he's using.

Gord

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:16:00 -0800, JLatham <HelpFrom @